How to block a phone number on iPhone
How to block a phone number on iPhone, There are three ways to block an unwanted phone number on an Apple smartphone:
through the list of incoming numbers, using the FaceTime application, or through the message list.
Any of these methods makes it possible to automatically block a contact everywhere.
To add a subscriber to the black list on the iPhone through the list of incoming numbers, you must:
- Go to the list of incoming calls
- Select the information icon (to the right of the desired number), which will take you to the subscriber's profile page
- At the bottom, select and click “Block this caller” (Block this Caller)
- Confirm your choice by clicking Block Contact.
Blocking a caller via FaceTime
For this you need:
- Go to FaceTime
- Tap the info icon next to the contact you want to block
- Select “Block Subscriber” at the bottom.
Adding to the blacklist through the “Messages” menu
Do the following:
- Go to “Messages”
- Open a conversation, select a name or phone number by clicking the information icon
- At the bottom of the data screen, select “Block subscriber”.
Blocking a phone number or contact does not prevent blocked callers from sending you messages to your answering machine, but the system will not notify you of this.
Messages will not be delivered. A blocked contact will not receive notifications when their calls or messages are blocked.
How to block a phone number with a contact blocking app
Blocking unwanted contacts can also be done through third-party applications, of which there is a considerable number in the Google Play Store and the App Store.
Here are some of them:
- Number – allows you to block calls, and also warns of suspicious numbers and messages.
- Call blocker is an easy-to-use application that allows you to block calls, and manage black and white lists of subscribers.
- Blacklist – an application with a “blacklist”, blocking unwanted calls, SMS notifications, and unknown and hidden numbers.
How to block an unwanted phone number through your carrier
To date, all mobile operators in Ukraine provide the opportunity to activate the service to block and add unwanted numbers to the “black list”.
This method allows you to block the subscriber completely, and when making a call, the subscriber will hear “The device of the called subscriber is turned off or is out of network coverage.”
Sometimes operators give the opportunity to turn on the “Busy” option. Text and picture messages from this number are also blocked.